Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still

I've never been to see The Day The Earth Stood Still.


We went to see this movie for my birthday this week. I have not seen the original nor have I read the book. We took both our kids to the movie with us. The movie was pretty good. We all enjoyed it though my 12 year old daughter thought it was a little scary and pretty weird. There were some weird parts but it was pretty good.

I would say that it is a pretty clean movie. The violence was not over the top but the theme of the end of the world is pretty intense for some kids. I think the PG 13 rating is appropriate. My daughter found it more weird than scary, though during the movie was a little unsure. Now I just may have to go back and read the book and see the original movie!

That I'd like to see.

No comments: