Thursday, May 21, 2009

College of the Mainland Triathlon

I've never been in the College of the Mainland triathlon.

I was training to do this event this year, but things don't look like they will fall into place for it. The tri takes place at College of the Mainland in Texas City on May 28, 2009. Online registration is closed.

This year marks the 11th Annual Combat Triathlon which benefits the College of the Mainland Scholarship fund. The Race Distance consists of a 300 yd swim, 15 mile Bike, and 3 mile run. The swim takes place in the college pool. I talked with a sixty year old lady at the gym who is signed up to compete in this year's race! Maybe next year I'll be able to join in. And I sure hope that I am still training and competing when I'm sixty!

That I'd like to see.

No comments: