Sunday, July 26, 2009

on a motorcycle in a storm

I had never been on a motorcycle in a storm before.

I had not been on the motorcycle much before anyway. But my husband talked me into riding his bike on our trip last weekend. As we were leaving the bed and breakfast, we were blessed with a gift by our hosts. We decided instead of going straight home, we would go all the way down to Galveston for dinner. We got rained on as we entered our home town, but we pulled off and let it pass. We checked the news and everything seemed clear. We headed down to a good restaurant on the island. It was crowded, but still pretty good.

We headed over to the beach. Finally got situated when we saw the dark cloud heading our way. It seemed to be passing over quickly, but the wind got unbelievable strong. We hung out a little while longer, but the wind started worrying my husband and he thought it was storming toward the north, which is the way we needed to head home.

By the time we got suited up and able to leave, the wind had died down a bit, but it was dark and there was lots of lightening. The rain wasn't too bad but we were pretty terrified getting back home. It was a real relief when we pulled into our own garage.

I told him I would take another bike trip with him. But only if there are no storms around!



That I'd like to see.

No comments: