Saturday, August 1, 2009

virtual school

I've never been to a virtual school.

I have heard of these online public schools, but only recently have any become available in our area. They are a way to get a free public education while at home. Teachers are in place, with the parent being a learning coach. Books, schedules and supplies are all provided free of charge. The ones in our area are available for students in grades 3-8, with one school having just added ninth grade to their program.

My two nephews are now enrolled in one of these schools. They have nice new books and all supplies were sent, including paint, jump rope, science kit and music kit! My daughter wants to enroll as well. There is no room at this school in her grade. We are now looking at another one available. Maybe they still have room for a student her age.

That I'd like to see.

No comments: