Monday, August 9, 2010

college book renter

I've never been to rent college textbooks before.

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to just rent a book for a semester and sure enough, there are several sites available that do just that! I found a site that has my son's books for rent and/or sale cheaper than I expected. There are rentals available from 30-130 days at reasonable rates. I also found that to buy the book was half what it would have cost us locally. Since he will likely need the book for two semesters, I chose to purchase the book, which was only $9 more than renting it for the semester. His other book we rented for $10 for the semester.

When renting, you are allowed minimal highlighting while using the book to study. And the shipping is free as is the return shipping. They are also looking for students to be campus representatives. These kids can then earn certificates for future book rentals/purchases as well as bonuses.

That I'd like to see.

No comments: