Saturday, September 7, 2013

Seabrook Running Trails

I had never been to the Seabrook Running Trails before.

So on my day off yesterday, I set out to give them a try. I knew before hand from reading a bit on the internet where I wanted to park (Pine Gully Park) and I also knew that part of the trails were closed for flood redistribution work.

So when I got there I proceeded into Pine Gully Park but was stopped by a man in the guard shack telling me I would have to pay if I wanted to park there. I told him I was just looking for a place to park to run on the trails. He told me to park by the nearby cemetery. I did not as a sign stated "No Parking". So I back tracked a bit to another small parking area near the part of the trail that was closed off. I talked to a guy who stopped for a moment and told me he thought the closed trails should have already been opened up, but unsure how much longer they would be closed.

After I ventured a way back and forth on the trail, I realized that I actually had been on part of the trail before with my nephews.

The trails themselves are very flat with very few places going through wooded areas (though I have no idea what the closed off portions are like.) In all I ran about an hour and completely covered the trails back and forth, except for the frisbee golf section. It's not a bad run, though not sure it's worth the drive over.

I may try it again sometime when the other section opens back up. Definitely a good break from pavement running. And one of these years I just might try the Lucky Trails half marathon.


 That I'd like to see.

No comments: