Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Morocco

I've never been to Morocco.

Visiting Casa Blanca is something I know many people would love to do! I did not know that it used to be a pirate base and that it was also destroyed by an earthquake. It would be interesting to visit the Hassan II mosque, claimed to be second in size only to Islam's most important site, Mecca.

In the modern capital of Rabat I could visit the Palais Royal, the home of the royal family in Morocco, the Hassan Tower, the Mohammed V Mausoleum, and the Musee Archaeologique (Museum of Antiquities). Next, would be Meknes with the Bab El Mansour gate and its Corinthian columns. I can't forget Moulay Idriss, Fes, Rissani and the Merzouga Dunes.

Maybe I could even afford to buy some Moroccan furniture to have shipped back as a souvenir of the trip! Or if not, I guess I could find some Moroccan furniture here at home and save on the shipping!

That I'd like to see.

No comments: