Wednesday, September 2, 2009

buycott

I've never been to a "buycott".

This is the exact opposite of a boycott, where you go spend your money in support of a business. There is a buycott going on in some locations for Whole Foods Market in response to CEO John Mackey's alternative health care methods and the ensuing boycott by some consumers. I like the idea of both a boycott and a buycott. I guess it really does show how we support businesses and ideas with our dollars.

I like Whole Foods and would definitely take part if a buycott is put in place at our nearby Market. I love the great products you can find there. All kinds of healthy produce and food items. But there are also health and beauty products including vitamins, skin cleansers, colon cleansers, even make up and some apparel.

I haven't been to Whole Foods in some time. Just thinking about it makes me realize I need to head back up there soon!

That I'd like to see.

No comments: