Wednesday, July 20, 2011

editing department

I've never been to an editing department.

But for some years now I have felt like I want to become some kind of editor. Especially for small websites. I did not go to school for it and have only had experience in criticizing websites, business and publications for their typos, misspellings and grammar errors. It really drives me crazy to see anything "professional" or for business letting these things go (I am not speaking of plays-on-words or intentional misspellings for the sake of the business/service.) I think it is very unprofessional and makes you/your business look inane. I don't know if I could really do it, or if it takes any kind of equipment or specialized scanning software or just years of practice, but maybe one day I'll get paid to spot those errors!

That I'd like to see.

No comments: