Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hollywood Tower Hotel: Tower of Terror

I had never been to the Hollywood Tower Hotel before.



This "hotel" is also known as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, located in Hollywood Studios. Although I hate heights and I hate drops, I was determined to do this ride with my kids. (But I was SCARED!!-oh yeah, I don't like the dark either!) We went through a creepy room into a library to watch a video about the "hotel's history" (remember, Disney really sets the stage to get you psyched up for the ride.) We were then taken upstairs and loaded into "elevators" (there are seats to sit in.) It goes up and plays through a little scene where some folks were struck by lightning and the elevator plunged. There are some disorienting optical illusions and lots of use of dark. Then you go up and are dropped. Then, taken back up again and dropped. Also, the windows open up to the park, so you see the bright daylight and then pitch dark again-all very disorienting. But fun! I am glad I did it. I might even think about doing it again.

That I'd like to see.


No comments: