Friday, September 19, 2008

hurricane evacuation

I've never been on a hurricane evacuation...this year.

After leaving for hurricane Rita, we were not too inclined to try that again. We stayed here for hurricane Ike. I know many people who did leave. It is so hard to try to decide what to take with you if you do decide to evacuate. You may come home to lots of damaged property or nothing left.

For dads, it seems the important documents might be enough to take with them. For moms like me, it's photo albums, scrap books, and necessary supplies like food, water, and our school books!

Kids are anxious about pets, toys and games. Teens will likely not leave behind any PS3 or game box, CDs, stereos and other electronic items.

I know that all this is just "stuff". If we do ever decide to evacuate again, I hope I will remember to keep that in mind....

That I'd like to see.

No comments: