Thursday, October 23, 2008

buy engagement rings

I've never been to buy engagement rings before.

That's right, I did not pick out the rings I wear on my left hand. I was still in high school at the time. My then-fiancee was home from college for spring break. We had talked about getting engaged and married in a couple of years. But while he was home, he made some money working. He went out and spent all the money he had-$200-on an engagement and wedding ring to surprise me before he went back to school!

I took good care to have my rings cleaned at first. Now, that particular jeweler is not even around. And my rings are bent and seldom ever cleaned. But they are special to me. They represent the love my husband has for me. They remind me of the young love we shared. And now as bent and misshapen as they are, they remind me of the growing love we share; we have been through some rough spots, but like the rings, our relationship remains in tact and the love remains true and unending.

That I'd like to see.

1 comment:

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.