Sunday, December 20, 2009

Olympic distance triathlon

I've never been to an Olympic distance triathlon.


My husband signed himself and me both up for an Olympic distance triathlon next April. The distances are .93 mile swim, 25 mile bike ride, and 6 mile run. At one point not too many months ago I would have said I was almost ready for such a race. (Mind you, I am not racing, but for lack of a better term…) But now trying to recover from plantar fasciitis, I just don’t know. I can do a mile swim, though I’ve only done so in a pool (yes, this swim is in the bay again!) I was working up to the bike ride and know that I could do the 25 mile, though pretty slowly. I had done pretty good on the running until my injury. So if all else fails, I can do a run/walk come April. I may be slow but I intend to finish!!


That I'd like to see.

No comments: