Friday, March 4, 2011

Khan Academy

I've never been to Khan Academy.

I just learned about this free online tool where students (seemingly of any age) can learn nearly anything they need to in the areas of math and science. The site was put together by a young man tutoring his cousins. He realized this is a great way for everyone to learn-short tutorial videos, learn at your own pace, learn when you have the time and it's free. Students can start with basic information and move up to higher level courses. Achievement is rewarded with badges and buttons and there is a place for teachers (coaches/mentors) to track all students' progress. I sure wish I'd known about this when my kids were younger....maybe then they would never have gone to public school....

 That I'd like to see.

No comments: