Sunday, September 23, 2007

Distributed Proofreaders

I had never been to Distributed Proofreaders before.

This site is in the process of transitioning many works from traditional texts to ebooks. This is a long process which they are trying to pare down by using volunteer proofreaders. Each book can be read a page at a time, allowing it to be finished in a shorter time frame than if one person had to read the whole text. Each page is proofed by a reader, submitted and proofed by another reader. Then it will be submitted through two formatting rounds. Finally the book can then be assembled as an ebook and submitted to the Project Gutenberg archive.

That I'd like to see.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool idea!

silken said...

I think there are several people I know who would love to be a part of this. I hope to when I get some more time...