Friday, July 4, 2008

Thousand Oaks Ranch

I had never been to Thousand Oaks Ranch before.

We just spent nearly a week there. It is a really nice camp ground. The campus is perfect for the camp we used it for. We were so blessed to be able to bring in our own staff. This makes it more affordable for our kids to attend as well as making sure things are run the way we want them.

This campground is located just outside of Corsicana, TX and is owned by a church in Dallas. We would love to be able to use this facility again and hope that it will be used by many in the future. It was a nice place to bring our campers.

There are four cabins each for boys and girls. There are also two other houses on site. There is a dome with a gym and stage area, as well as locker rooms and a large bed room. There is a ball field, sand volleyball courts, a lake with canoes, and a swimming pool. It seems as if this camp ground has so much potential. It is perfect for kids camp. It also seems ideal for family reunions and could be used as a shelter in emergencies.


That I'd like to see.

entrance

mess hall and camp dog


dome (gym)

trailer (hay rides?)


girl's cabins


cooks' and nurse's cabin (wheel chair accessible)

lake house

lake in early morning

lake at sunset

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great place for a summer retreat. It reminds me of the place where, when I was high school age, our church had summer retreats in south-central Montana. Your photos do a good job of showing the facilities and surroundings.

silken said...

it really was nice, so much nicer than where we have been going. we are hopeful that our older kids can enjoy this camp ground sometime in the near future as well. I thought some of the pictures turned out pretty good, thanks!

nelleloveyou said...

my first time at camp was 06 and ive been there ever since.you meet new people and play so many fun games and it feels like home. i cant wait for the winter encampment. :)

changedonna said...

My kids have been going to camp every year since 1999. My kids come home transformed every year and excited about their relationships with God! Wonderful experience!

Unknown said...

My dad is the one who picked and purchased this property! It really is amazing and a perfect summer camp or any kind of camp! If I lived closer to Texas my children would go there for sure..I have great memories from there and like Donna said my heart for God was transformed in a week year after year!!!