Saturday, December 8, 2007

Heifer International

I've never been to Heifer International before.

Not too long ago, I got a magazine in the mail from them. I almost threw it away based on the title. But something stopped me. I glanced inside. I had never heard of this or anything like it before. It is an organization to reach out to help feed the world. They are making efforts to not only "provide a man with a fish, but to teach him to fish". What they do is provide animals to help poor families to be able to have added nourishment as well as to provide labor or fertilizer to enable them to continue to have food. The families will also pass along a baby of the animal later on, to help another family, in essence, helping their whole community. The animals provided include chickens, goats, sheep, ducks, rabbits, lamas and many others.

I have committed to use a portion of the money I have made blogging to send an animal or two to a needy family. I hope that other bloggers will also consider helping in this manner, or in some way use a part of your blogging for money proceeds to help somebody somewhere in the world.

That I'd like to see.


No comments: