Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pilates Reformer

I had never been to a Pilates Reformer class before tonight.

My husband and I decided to take an introductory class. Pilates Reformer is done on a machine. It adheres to the main ideals of Pilates-stretching, developing core strength, and creating long, lean muscles. The class was a really good workout done entirely on the Reformer/Allegro machine. It was nothing but a series of stretches done to work different body parts. It was so relaxing. Even though I could tell my body was getting a good workout, I felt so relaxed throughout the class. I am hoping to be able to continue some of these classes. Maybe one day I too will develop flexibility, core strength and long lean muscles.

That I'd like to see.


1 comment:

whole.life.body said...

I just wanted to let everyone know of a site where to get a good Pilates reformer for home or office.

http://www.wholelifebody.com/reformer.php.

I got mine from there and I use it in my therapy clinic with great results….I know the machine looks medieval but I use it on a wide range of patients from children to senior citizens and they all love it…..It runs smooth, easy to adjust, anyone with any strnegth can start, and it is hard to hurt yourself on it. This is a great machine to build your strength from inside out.

The site has a lot of other great info as well.