Friday, January 4, 2008

Joshua Bell

I've never been to see Joshua Bell play.

Actually, I had never heard of Joshua Bell until last week. My husband did a lesson at church about how we often miss Jesus, even though he is right in front of us. He used a story about world famous violinist Joshua Bell. He apparently dressed incognito and played his violin in a Washington D.C. subway. The story is told how many people walked past, never noticing the man they would normally have to pay hundreds of dollars to see and hear perform. You can easily see the analogy drawn from this story.

After never having heard of Joshua Bell, I have heard about him three times over the course of this last week. I see his site has his tour schedule up. I will have to see if there is a performance in my area.

That I'd like to see.


No comments: