Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tungurahua Volcano

I've never been to Tungurahua volcano.

I was surprised to see the article today telling about Tungurahua erupting today. We have been reading about volcanoes and to see this article telling how the Ecuadorian volcano has been active since early this year and today was recorded spewing ash and rock was a big surprise. Thankfully earlier this week volcanologists warned villagers to evacuate. Today's eruption sent ash and steam about a mile and a half into the sky.

That I'd like to see.


4 comments:

Sire said...

I just wanted to congratulate you on being 'Blog Of The Day' at PPP and I bet you didn't even have to show any leg to get such an esteemed status.

Good going Silken, you deserved it.

silken said...

thanks sire! I was thrilled!

Heather Cowper said...

I was in Banos under Tunguruha last October staying at the wonderful Luna Runtun Spa on the slopes of the mountain. It was smoking thickly then.
http://www.heatheronhertravels.blogspot.com/

silken said...

heather, thanks for stopping in here. Your blog is really lovely. I will have to spend some more time over there reading about your travels!

I bet that was really something staying near the smoking volcano!