Monday, June 4, 2007

Dubai

I've never been to Dubai.

Of course I've heard so much about it, and my previous jaunt over to Go Smell the Flowers blog reminded me of what a great place this would be to visit.

In Dubai you will be amazed at the skyscrapers and the mosques that reside within the small area surrounded by the Persian Gulf. But that has not daunted the leaders in Dubai. When they run out of land area, they just create artificial islands and keep constructing stunning new buildings.

You will be amazed at the Jumeirah Mosque, even from the outside. Or see the lovely beaches, or perhaps take a river taxi. Lots of shopping can get done in this city, and many malls and markets are the place to do it.

The Wild Wadi Water Park sounds like just the place to beat the heat. The water slides in this park shoot you up before you slide down. And of course, a lobby tour of the 7 star Burj Al Arab is a must.

That I'd like to see.


No comments: