Sunday, April 29, 2007

Alabama-Coushatta Indian Reservation

I've never been to the Alabama-Coushatta Indian Reservation.

I have always wanted to visit. When I was a kid, there were commercials for the reservation. I always wanted to see the indian reservation. Now, I want to take my kids. We drove past the reservation this weekend, in Livingston, TX. but did not stop. I commented how it must not really be for tourists anymore. I do not know if that is accurate.

There is now a campground available, called Camp Tombigbee. There is camping from primitave to RV sites available. There are also cabins and teepee camping available. You can find your usual camping amenities such as swimming, boating and fishing. There are also hiking and nature trails.

On June 1 & 2 is the 39th annual powwow. I believe this is open to the public.

That I'd like to see.


No comments: