Thursday, April 19, 2007

Marathon

I've never been in a marathon.

My husband has been through Marathon Training, but got hurt right before the actual run, so was unable to participate. My husband, my son, and I have all participated at one time or another in mini-triathlons and various fun runs. These are very fun and not too difficult for the amateur athlete to complete. But in my mind, running 26.2 miles consecutively would be a feat indeed.

There is a website that helps to dispel the myth that every day runners cannot complete a marathon. This runner's website is dedicated to all things runner's need to know. You can find everything you need to know about training for a marathon, the conditioning and training schedule, to essential gear and marathon recovery. You can find information on the proper diet to fuel your body. You can find a guide for finding proper running shoes. There is even a breathing guide, a weight lifting guide, a stretching guide and a treadmill guide.

Here you can join a runner's forum, read a runner's blog, and sign up for the newsletter. There is a sample training schedule for preparing for a marathon in 16 weeks.

That I'd like to see.




Thank you for reading this sponsered post.

No comments: