Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Staged Attack

I've never been to a staged attack.

And I hope that I never would. And I would hate for my children to undergo this type of "lesson" without prior knowledge and my prior consent.

Apparantly in Murfreesboro, TN recently, a few staff members decided that they needed to teach a group of SIXTH grade students what to do if a gunman tried to attack them. This was allegedly done without the knowledge of the parents before hand.

While on a camping trip, the students were convinced by their teachers that they were being attacked by a gunman. The teachers convincingly acted as if the attack were real, with one of them playing the part of the gunman. The shaken students were then gathered and discussed what they could do if the situation had been real.

The principal of the school declined to say whether the staff members would receive disciplinary action.

That I'd like to see.


No comments: